Thursday, October 28, 2010

preamble



I always knew this day was coming, kidney failure and the need for a transplant.  Not the words a 23 year old wants to hear.  Now 25, and 2 years into this whole process, things are really starting to get interesting.  

A number of people have told me to do a blog throughout this process for many reasons.  For one the type of transplant.  I have been very fortunate to be accepted into a study that only a handful of people in the world have completed before me.  Another reason is it is a great way to keep people up to speed with what is going on with my journey at their convenience.

i thought that all the reasons made sense and I have started it with this, my maiden post(it will get better from here I promise).  I will use this site for both of the above mentioned reasons as well as give a little history on myself including what got me to this point of needing a transplant at such a young age (in major organ failure years that is, been feeling quite old recently).  I will go off on tangents here and there, lets be honest, I grew up in the ADD generation.  I will explain why I picked the title that I did and the meaning behind it all.  I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I expect to have writing it.

and please if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them



2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love that you are doing this! I'm sure you will find it at therapeutic as I have. We are always praying for you! I look forward to your next post.

    PS-please indulge yourself into the question about Jersey Shore, I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Ryan. I love your positive attitude! I hope 2011 is a year of healing and good health for you!

    ReplyDelete