Twas the night before surgery, my second transplant.
I have a few things to say, but I'll try not to rant.
After month of hoping and sitting around,
I'm changing out of these clothes and into a gown.
It's a 6am check in Wang building 3rd floor
Better eat while I can, come Monday i have to stop at 4.
Already had my preop and anesthesia phone screen fit my in,
This time i hope i dont call Lauren Vivian.
Dialysis is over, no more treatments morning noon or night,
Now after all the waiting the end is in sight.
With support coming from both near and far,
Putting this one on the left side, gonna add another scar.
Cannot thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart,
Getting back to life, work and showers I cannot wait to start.
Come visit call or write, I'd love it all,
As Miley once said, I'm coming through this like a wrecking ball.
Very humbled today with all the post, calls and texts. I really do have the best family and friends in my village. I have been dealing with this for as long as I can remember, and I have no doubt that my team in Boston will knock this one out of the park. However, it is pretty great to know so much positive energy and prayers will be floating around. Cannot wait to see what to see what Ryan 4.0 will look like.
Thank you to Lauren for a delicious send off lunch. Perfect "last meal" before the big day.
No comments:
Post a Comment